How bad do you want
to be thin ?
Have you got the necessary willpower to stick to your diet and reach your
weight loss goals?
You may think just shedding those extra pounds would be
satisfying and provide enough willpower. And of course, it would be
nice not to avoid seeing your reflection in shop windows and to
receive admiring glances as you walk down the street.
But do remember that if you want to lose weight for the wrong reasons,
there's a strong chance that either your weight loss efforts will fail or that
you will put the weight back on once you stop dieting.
If you want to lose weight for you, you are much more likely to be pleased
with the results! It's all about willpower and if you want something badly
enough, you will have the power to make it happen.
3 Bad reasons for wanting to lose weight:
- To make a bad relationship good
- To make someone proud of you
make someone like you
3 Good reasons for wanting to lose weight
- To get fit
- To avoid health problems
- To improve your self
- See yourself spending time with those who support you.
- Make your picture as attractive as you'd wish it to be in real life. Let
your thoughts gravitate towards all the things that inspire and motivate
you. Your energy flows to whatever it is that you put your attention on.
- Hear yourself speaking encouraging words to yourself and hear the
positive things that others are saying to you now that you have achieved
- Feel the 'positivity' of your success and glory in the feelings that it
evokes. Increase the intensity of those feel good emotions, the high energy
and inner confidence.
Try these positive attitude exercises, daily:
- Decide what it is that you really want. For example, if
you want to lose weight, think of what it is that you really
want, instead of what you don't want, being overweight. Now
say this in a positive way for example, 'I am fit, energetic
- See yourself as this new you and visualize yourself
doing all the things that you would most want to do. Who
else is in the picture? What are you wearing? Perhaps those
jeans that you haven't been able to fit into for over a
Next, why not read our diet tips