1 is 2 Fat Weight Loss Guide
- Pick one place at home and work that you will do all your eating. Be sure
you are seated. Don't eat anywhere but in that place. Enjoy your food by sitting
down and eating slowly. Sitting down focuses your attention more directly on the
activity of eating. By eating in the same place you identify and associate that
place with the idea that it is the only area in which you should eat.
Shop for Groceries only after eating. You will be less likely to buy
foods impulsively – especially foods you don’t need.
- When you shop for groceries stick to your shopping list. This helps you
guard against impulse buying. Make sure you list is complete and do not buy any
extra food items.
- Watch food labels. Foods with a high percentage of fat
(or carbohydrates that are sugars) will slow down your weight loss
program Don't just count grams, count percentage of total calories that
are fat or sugars.
- Don't think that just because you are eating
low fat/low calorie foods that you can eat all that you want. The
calories still add up and must be burned off regardless of what kind of
food you eat. Balance is the key.
- If you are going to a restaurant, decide ahead of time what you will be
eating. Stick to it.
- Exercise – If you want to stay healthy and make
weight loss permanent you just cant do without exercise. Along with
cutting down on the fat you eat exercising regularly may be your best
ally in improving your all around health and bringing your weight loss
- Water is essential to all bodily functions and has no calories. It is the
perfect drink for dieters. You need eight 8 oz. glasses of water daily.
- Be happy: you're OK! Resisting all those tempting foods is NOT going to kill
- Let someone else be the walking garbage disposal: you are no longer
responsible for eating up the leftovers after a meal.
- Success is when you can look beyond food...and look down and see your feet.
Each day you stay on your weight-loss diet brings you closer to your weight
- The purpose of getting together with people is to enjoy their
- Chart or graph your weight loss and serving
- Take small servings - avoid gorging yourself.
Consuming most calories in one big meal is the worst way to diet. Eat 4 or 5
small meals rather than in one all-out feeding frenzy.
- If your
schedule only permits you to eat one major meal in a day, eat it in the
morning to midday hours rather than afternoon/evening hours.
- Repeat: "I'm learning a way to live, not just a way to diet."
- Limit your time in the grocery store. The longer you stay, the more you will
- Never starve yourself, especially before going out to eat (or you
will binge). Never skip meals, you must have some kind of nourishment
regularly or your body's starvation defences will kick in, lower your
metabolism, and store fat.
- Be patient - it took years to gain
weight; it takes time to lose weight.
- "Nibble" food and "linger"
over drinks. Do the "Push Away From The Table Exercise."
- Chew your
food completely: digestion begins in the mouth. Avoid "washing" half-chewed
- Lose weight with a supportive friend or in a support
- Emphasize your weight loss triumphs and work towards making
them more frequent
- Find a weight loss "buddy," club, or support
group. This will help you stay with your weight loss program.
Weigh yourself each week. Don't be worried about small daily changes in your
weight. You shouldn't lose more than 1 - 2 pounds a week. There may be weeks
when you don't lose weight. This is normal. Stay on your diet to lose
- Bake, roast, or broil your food instead of frying. Remove
all fat from meats and skin from poultry before cooking.
- Drink 6 to
8 glasses of water each day. This will help flush out your body while also
suppressing your appetite
If you haven't done so already, switch to diet soft drinks. An average 12 Oz
can of regular soda contains around 120 calories, while the diet version usually
has one or zero. If you drink 3 cans a day, you'll be saving 360 calories right
there. Now multiply that by 7 days a week, 30 days a month and 365 days a
year... You'll be saving a lot of calories!
- Limit alcohol. Alcoholic
drinks have many calories & little else.
- Schedule your exercise time
just as you plan your other activities of the day. Treat this time as an
important appointment you don’t want to miss
- Write your weight goal & post it where you'll see it everyday.
are responsible for what you do & what you eat.
- Eat to live, not live to eat. Overeating can KILL you!
- Don't give
it up if you don't want to, just reduce your intake.
Quick Dieting Tip
mustard on your sandwiches instead of mayonnaise. Mustard has no fat & very
little calories while Mayo, is loaded with fat. If you just don’t like the
taste of mustard, find a low-fat alternative, but avoid mayonnaise at all
Fun Dieting Tip
Success is when you can look beyond food...and look down and see your feet.
What is a Calorie?
Calories are the little bugs that get into your wardrobe at
night and sew your clothes tighter.
MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE DEVILS!